Are you nervous about Christmas baking and really wish to make something different and healthy this year? Well, have a try at this recipe.
This is a fool-proof no-fuss easy recipe that everyone can try at home even if it is the first time you want to try gluten-free baking or biscotti making!
The best thing is the preparation time is so short and you let the oven do the rest of the cooking. Now you have more time to sip a cuppa or enjoy those festive movies!
Happy holidays everyone!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 8 biscottis
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground clove (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of maple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet tooth you have)
- Preheat the oven to 175℃.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground all spice, sea salt, and baking soda to a mixing bowl or a food processor with the s-blade. (The dough will be very sticky after adding the wet ingredients so using a food processor will be a better idea!) Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whirl to combine until it forms into a ball.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Scrape the batter out onto the prepared baking sheet. It will be sticky. So wet your hands slightly and use your hands to form the dough into a flat oval shape, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour. Slice the oval into approximately inch-wide strips. Now they are still a bit soft and not crunchy or crispy yet.
- Put back in the oven at 150℃ for 20 to 30 more minutes (this is the key to getting it crispy!).
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!